mardi 25 février 2014

Day 1

My arrival in Delhi in the Pro Helvetia residency was perfect. I spent most of Day 1 looking for a book about Jay Singh Astronomy and it was quite an adventure.

First I looked in Nai Sarak a street in old Delhi with dozen of bookstores. After an hour asking to every single shop keeper if they got my book and following one of them in the small backstreets to his uncle shop (that didn't had it either) i decided my quest was vein and headed back to the metro station but not before asking to this last shop which was closed when i first saw it. And there the man in charge gave me 3 adresses in 3 different neighbors where i could have more chance, so i took a rickshaw and hit the first one after a ride in the most vivid bazaar you can imagine. Delhi bookstore opposite of the fire station on Ansaré Road send me further to 2 others places and 2 others fail (one was closed for years..). So, back to the rickshaw, to the metro and to a rickshaw again and here we are in Kamla Nagar. The shop owner was very nice and he found my book ! At this time in my quest I had long abandoned the idea and pursue it only for the sake of it and for the pleasure to discover new blocks i would probably have never seen otherwise. Very happy about my luck i reach for my money only to see that i didn't took enough... So.. back to the rickshaw, to the metro, to a rickshaw, to home, to a rickshaw, to the metro, to a rickshaw, to the bookshop..

"Sawai Jai Shing and his astronomy" is THE book with all the answers i was looking for about how the Jantar Mantar instruments really worked and how you can get useful observation from it. This is gonna be priceless in the making of the project.

After that i went to my favorite restaurant in Lajpat Nagar (where the residency is) "Hari", i had a Shahi Paneer with rice and a Paneer Parantha and it was delhicious.

One last thing : It looks like the neighbor has a "cats protected" car. I've seen a lot of stray dogs around, perhaps it is to protect the car from them..

1 commentaire:

José C. a dit…

"delhicious"... Ca c'est du jeu de mots !