mercredi 5 mars 2014

DAY 9

My book chasing brought me today to The National Museum where i could read and take some picture of "Cosmic Architecture in India" a beautiful book around the Jantar Mantar. I couldn't buy it but they told me to come back as they could have an hint to where i could find it. 



This museum is very very interesting i stayed there for 4 hours. One of the highlights was the miniature paintings with what i consider as early comics : 


200 years before Toëpffer..

I hit my first art gallery on the advice of Blessy (i have a list of 20 that i intend to visit) and here is a piece by indian artist Arunkumar H.G. called Dropping On The Dam(n).


These are thousands of plastic bottles tops. Beautiful and disturbing. 

Tomorrow i'll be here : 


More about that soon..

The next picture is for my friends back in Geneva. It is the rickshaw driver that brought me to the museum. His rickshaw was as new and that's a strange sight in Delhi, but what you have to know is that most of the rickshaw drivers wore a special trouser which is exactly the same as the TPG one ! (for my indian friends : TPG is the public transportation in my hometown). Watch out for drivers not wearing them, they are more inclined to up the price. 


Hello from the Pink Ganesha ! 


1 commentaire:

pat a dit…

early comics and bottle tops are fantastic! tpg trousers too ;)