vendredi 4 avril 2014

DAY 39

Day of preliminary tests. I was supposed to climb on the surrounding wall of the Jantar to take some picture and choose the angles of my futur shootings, but they informed me at the last minute that their is no access to the wall... After a thought somebody brought me a very shaky wooden ladder that was too short to reach the top. So i had to change my plan and i ask if i could climb on the instruments instead and they agreed. This would be much better for most instruments as i will be able to put my camera closer to them, the only problem remaining is the Samrat Yantra, the big sundial. For this one i will be too close to catch it in is entirety, i'm gonna have to find another solution. Tomorrow the shooting will start with a smaller instrument at 6.00 am. 

This evening a dinner took place at Vinay's home. Vinay is my coach here and a prolific artist, his studio is a beautiful big place underground with lots of his painting and installation, a private museum with some incredible objects.





   

1 commentaire:

pat a dit…

the objects at his private museum are amazing. I'm sure you enjoyed every minute of this visit, tailored-cut for you, POL!