jeudi 24 avril 2014

DAY 59

Here we go again ! 5.00 O'Clock wake up today to start my first day of shooting in the Jantar Mantar Delhi. The instrument targeted was the Ram Yantra, i am planning to shoot only the Ram Yantra as the other instruments are in so bad shape that i can make nothing out of it. So, a bit before sunrise i installed my camera after a little talk with the people at the entrance that let me do my thing after a rapid look at my letter of permission. When i came back at 6.00 pm i was directly directed to the office where i had the displeasure to meet 3 people who never told me their name or fonction and just dismissed my letter even if it was stamped by the Archeological Survey of India and contained a receipt for the payment. They treated me like if a was delusional with all the power a small office-man can show-off, it was very inconfortable. What a difference in reception compared to Jaipur... After calling my efficient coach Blessy they changed their attitude and offer me a tchai. But their dignity was at stake so they invented that my letter was not an authorization and that the only person able to deliver me the pass has, by chance, called sick this morning and we don't know when he is coming back... So my work there is postponed at a future unknown date.





Just during the sunrise i visited the biggest mosque in Delhi the Jama Masjid. Huge building, very impressive.  


1 commentaire:

pat a dit…

Oh they had to save face!